- This event has passed.
TAFA Summer Intensive Showcase
July 21, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Showcase is by Invitation only.
About the Summer Academy for Teens:
The Texas Academy of Figurative Art and IFW Summer Academy (July 10-21, 2017) is a two-week (60 hour) intensive art program that has great appeal to aspiring young artists. The program exposes teens to the principles of realist art through a classically-based curriculum. It offers high school students the hands on experience to anchor their drawing and painting skills in classical methodology as well as enhances their portfolio preparations. Key faculty who will be teaching this two-week course are: Ron Cheek, Founder of TAFA; Andrew Boatright, a gifted realistic painter who apprenticed under Ron; and Michael Planta, a student instructor who offers critiques to new students. (Special accommodations will be made by TAFA to prevent student exposure to nudity).
- Students will increase their knowledge of 19th and 20th century realistic artists and their work
- Students will develop determination, rigor and skills required by realistic drawing and painting
- Students will participate in an exhibit of their work at the end of the 2 week period, which includes an artist’s outcome statement, as relating to the process and impact of learning during the experience, and the creation of a plan to integrate the experience into their studies during their remaining years of high school
- Students will participate in panel discussions during lunch hours, led by professional artists (topics will include: wealth creation in the real-world-profession of visual arts, opportunities for visual art focused studies beyond high school, practical and soft visual arts skills applicable in arts related job markets)
- Students will increase their self-confidence and desire to pursue art education after graduating from high school
PLEASE CONTACT THE IMAGINATION FORT WORTH OFFICE WITH FURTHER QUESTIONS
The TAFA Summer Intensive is sponsored by:
Sid Richardson Foundation
Arts Council of Fort Worth